With Mother’s day this month, please remember that lilies in a vase are VERY toxic to cats.
Cats only need to ingest a small amount of the flower or water to become very ill.
If you suspect your cat has ingested any amount or even licked some of the pollen, please call us immediately for advice. Do not wait until signs develop if you know your cat has definitely ingested some.
Signs of lily poisoning include:
– Wobbly, drunken gait
– Drinking lots
– Urinating lots
If you are buying flowers for your loved one PLEASE ensure there are NO lilies in the bouquet – they are incredibly toxic to cats. The water is poisonous too if drunk by your cats.
Please make sure all your cat-owning friends are aware of this if they receive any lilies.
For further information see: icatcare.org/cat-campaigns/lily-toxicity
There is currently a temporary nationwide shortage of the regular rabbit vaccinesread more
Kinver has hyperthyroidism, which means her thyroid gland is producing too much thyroid hormoneread more
May 2017 is Veterinary Nursing Awareness Month, which aims to increase awareness of our hardworking veterinary nurses!read more