As part of our ophthalmology service, we are able to perform full ocular examinations, including the use of tonometry (measures the pressure in the eye in conditions such as glaucoma), slit lamp biomicroscopy and indirect ophthalmoscopy.
We can provide comprehensive assessment and management of:
– corneal ulcers (including minor corneal surgical procedures)
– Conjunctival and nasolacrimal diseases including KCS (dry eye)
– Eyelid disorders, including entropion/ectropion, prolapsed nictitans gland (cherry eye), ectopic cilia, trauma, blepharitis (inflammation) and eyelid neoplasia (tumours)
– Uveitis, glaucoma and retinopathy cases
– Eye traumas, including eyelid lacerations, corneal injury, globe proptosis and hyphema cases
– Basic ocular ultrasound
– Neuro-ophthalmological assessments
– Assessment of cataracts
We can also organise referral to a specialist ophthalmologist in cases that require this (complex entropion cases, anterior lens luxations, vitreo-retinal surgeries, cataract surgeries and major traumas).
We regularly assist over 20 nearby practices with their ophthalmology cases and accept referrals from other vets if needed.