We have RCVS Certificate Holders in Small Animal Surgery and Anaesthesia, which allow us to provide advanced surgical options for your pet.
As part of out orthopaedic service, we are able to perform full orthopaedic exams, comprehensive imaging using a digital radiology system, advanced surgical pain relief including epidural anaesthesia, and are recognised as a Tier 3 Hospital allowing us to provide nursing care post operatively 24 hours, 7 days a week. We have a very well equipped orthopaedic department, including both electric and air-powered referral standard orthopaedic power tools, and a full range of orthopaedic implants.
We are pleased to accept both first opinion and local referrals and below are some of the more common services we offer:
- Lameness investigations
- Tibial Plateau Levelling Osteotomies (TPLO): Advanced surgical option for cruciate disease
- Cranial Closing Wedge Osteotomies (CCWO): Advanced surgical option for cruciate disease.
- Extra-capsular Repair of Cruciate disease
- Luxating Patellar Surgery: Slipping kneecaps
- Simple fracture repair
- Long Bone fracture repair including use of locking and non locking plates.
- Elbow fracture: Humeral unicondylar fracture repair
- Surgical stabilisation of Hip luxation
We can also organise for visiting orthopaedic specialists to attend Ashfield House, for particularly complex cases where we feel this gives the best prognosis for your pets condition.
We aim to provide fixed surgical fees for full transparency. All our surgical quotes include everything from the morning your pet arrives for the surgery, the surgery itself, immediate post operative x-rays and also overnight stay for further monitoring where we can ensure they are not in pain. It also includes medication to go home with for the first few weeks.
Complications are not included but these will be discussed in depth with you before the surgery and everything will be in place to minimise these risks. We will always endeavour to keep clients regularly informed of their pet’s progress during their stay with us